VENTURING FROM STARBUCKS: THE BEST ICE CREAM LIKE EVER

Sunday, September 21, 2014

You read that right. I discovered the best ice cream LIKE EVER. and it's called, Sweet Science. It's comparable to Jeni's, but entirely made with organic dairy, organic sugar, and locally sourced ingredients. I know that's how Jeni's started, but once it grew nation-wide, not much of the local/organic aspect remained in the formula to continue. 

So why do I have a picture of tea up there? You can only find Sweet Science in this cute tea shop called, Verdant Tea. I should probably rate the tea, but as much as I like to think I'm a classy broad, I don't know the first thing about tea and rarely drink it. I've actually been trying to dabble it in lately, though, to get my caffeine fix without the calories I consume in my coffee. But if you have a deep appreciation for tea, this place is for you. All tea is freshly brewed and loose-leafed, and made by very trusted workers. The workers are super cool and view tea as an art form and believe in the culture even more seriously than coffee culture.

They offer tea leaves on a shelf so you can smell before you buy, monthly tea tastings, and 'tea flight' on their menu - meaning they continue to bring you hot water to add to your various tea bags while you stay there for one price. 

The environment there is great, too. It's designed to be like a greenhouse with large windows, natural lighting, decorative plants, and rich wood furniture. With free wifi, you could stay there for days and keep your creative juices flowing. Good tea + good ice cream + inspiring space = productivity. ;)




Okay, now to the main point. What we've all been waiting for. The ice cream. YES. Guys, I am not hyping this stuff up. At one point, I had $80 worth of ice cream sitting in my freezer... And as a result of it, I am now poor. And let's talk about the flavors. Oh my gosh, the flavors. The most unique and delicious and rich tasting flavors. I tried... salted caramel, vanilla mint squared, berry crumble, coffee toffee, sweetcorn blueberry, and green tea. But they also have much more. Your favorites (chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chip) and ones you've probably never dreamed of (olive oil, vegan roasted banana, root bear float, etc.) My goal is to try every flavor at least once. So far, the berry crumble and coffee toffee are my favorites. It's addictive and I have a problem. 

Ps. Isn't the packaging and overall branding so cute?! I love the consistency.

2 comments :

  1. That sounds amazing! I am a sucker for good ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this right here:
    "but as much as I like to think I'm a classy broad, I don't know the first thing about tea and rarely drink it."
    HAD ME ROLLING! oh my gosh that was hilarious!
    this looks like my place, my spot, my jam...i LOVE tea. like love love love it!
    and that ice cream looks delicious! (i would be poor too)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground